Programs & Signature Events
Railroad Park Foundation offers a variety of programs the entire family can enjoy. Below is a list of some of our most popular programs. To learn more about upcoming programs please check out our Calendar of Events, befriend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! Also, be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed!
- Get Healthy on the Railroad Sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is a free, eight-month (March through October) exercise program that offers a variety of exercise classes every weekday at 6:00 p.m. Classes include Jazzercise®, Bootcamp, Zumba, Yoga and Happy Feet Friday.
New in 2018, Join us for Senior Fit on Tuesday mornings at 8 a.m. May through September. Open to everyone, this class focuses on strength, balance, endurance and flexibility.
- Join us for Get Healthy on the Railroad Cooking Classes, sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, on the first Sunday of every month from May through September. These healthy nutrition classes are FREE to attend and led by area non-profits from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. on the Regions Bank 17th Street Plaza.
- Join us for American Family Care Presents Trucks by the Tracks on Sunday, September 16, where Birmingham's best food trucks will be serving up everything from hot chicken, specialty burgers & tacos to fruit bowls, popsicles, Italian ice and gourmet ice cream sandwiches! It's Birmingham at its best, with lawn games and activities set up throughout the park. Live bands will take to the stage as everyone enjoys the City's best mobile cuisine.
- Financial Forums on the Railroad Presented by BBVA Compass returns to Railroad Park each Tuesday in June at 5:30 pm! Sessions are designed to help individuals at any age, from young professionals to entrepreneurs, set financial goals. This series is free and open to the public.
- Publix presents Family Camp-Out Night returns July 28-29, 2018! One night a year, we convert a special section of Railroad Park into an interactive campground for families. A host of experts will give lessons on everything from astronomy to creek ecology to raw materials in nature-and an animal show 'n tell from the Birmingham Zoo will delight campers of all ages.
In addition to our signature events, Railroad Park is proud to be the venue for some of the best events in town, such as:
- Symphony in the Summer, a free summer concert series presented by the Alabama Symphony Orchestra.
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk is the largest 5K race series aimed to fight arthritis, the nations leading cause of disability. The event is presented by the Arthritis Foundation.
- Schaeffer Eye Center CityFest
- Cahaba River Fry Down
- Magic City Aids Walk
- Light the Night
Planning a special event that you’d like to host at Railroad Park?Apply here.
Get on the right Track and have your next event here at Railroad Park!
To find out how, just follow these tracks:
- Choose a space. View our event spaces, packages and rates (PDF).
- Review the Park’s event policies and procedures. View Event Rules.
- Decide if you would like to have catered food, alcoholic beverages, carnival rentals, audio/visual equipment and/or other amenities at your event. View our list of approved caterers and vendors.
- Fill out an events request form (PDF).
- Fax or email your events request form to (205) 521-9922 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your information is received, a representative from Railroad Park will contact you within 2-3 business days. Once approved, you will receive an invoice regarding your reservation.
- Reservations are on a first come, first served basis. Please make money orders or checks payable to Railroad Park Foundation. Unfortunately, Railroad Park Foundation does not accept credit card payments for facility usage fees. Reservations are confirmed once full payment is received.